In order to program and engineer a device with CODESYS according to IEC 61131-3, the appropriate software is required: the CODESYS Control SoftPLC runtime system. It converts any embedded or PC-based device into an IEC 61131-3-compliant industrial controller. Furthermore, this runtime system includes important add-on functionality so that your controller can communicate with other components in the automation environment.
There is no need to worry about the runtime system when you are programming compatible controllers. CODESYS Control has already been implemented on all controllers listed in the CODESYS Device Directory. For you, this means that your device can be programmed immediately with CODESYS.
Furthermore, ready-to-use SoftPLC systems with CODESYS Control, which you install on the devices yourself, are available for different standard platforms in the CODESYS Store.
Thanks to the modularity and scalability of CODESYS Control, you can adapt the runtime system to almost any platform or requirement with the help of the CODESYS Runtime Toolkit. Our experienced project engineers will support you in doing this.
- Communication with the CODESYS Development System
- Download, manage, and execute the application code compiled by CODESYS
- Debugging of the application within CODESYS
- Handling of I/O systems and fieldbuses
- Execution of optional add-on products, such as CODESYS TargetVisu/WebVisu or CODESYS SoftMotion CNC+Robotics for sophisticated motion applications
- PLCHandler: Proprietary software library for communication of any software client (for example, SCADA, HMI) with the CODESYS Control runtime system. Convenient communication and command services allow for direct access to the controller.
- OPC-Server: Standardized software interface to other automation devices in the network.
- OPC UA Server: Add-on components for the runtime system for powerful device platforms for platform-independent standard access to variable data.
- Visualization and Motion:These add-on products are implemented in part as runtime system components. For more information, please refer to the respective areas, Visualization and Motion.
- Redundancy: CODESYS Toolkit for implementing redundant control architectures CODESYS Toolkit for implementing redundant control architectures for the fail-safety of machines and plants. Intended for manufacturers of identical industrial controllers that operate simultaneously and monitor each other.
- Multicore: Add-on component for standard devices with Symmetric Multicore Processing (SMP) support.
- Scalable functionality: Adaptable to the performance and memory design of the target device, for different 32-bit and 64-bit CPU platforms (CISC/RISC), distribution with a system configurator
- Runtime system as a product: Proven quality, established in millions of industrial applications, implementation possible in a short time
- Documented adaptation interfaces: Adaptable and extendable to specific device properties and requirements
- Distribution as object or source code depending on the system environment: Easy adaptation to different operating systems and development environments (toolchains)
- Ready-to-use for Windows / Linux / VxWorks / WinCE: Tests on reference platforms possible immediately, SoftPLC available for standard systems (IPCs, Raspberry PI, BeagleBone Black, etc.) More information and downloads in the CODESYS Store