In order to program and engineer a device with CODESYS according to IEC 61131-3, the appropriate software is required: the CODESYS Control SoftPLC runtime system. It converts any embedded or PC-based device into an IEC 61131-3-compliant industrial controller. Furthermore, this runtime system includes important add-on functionality so that your controller can communicate with other components in the automation environment.
Millions of CODESYS-compatible single devices and over 1,000 different device types from more than 400 manufacturers offer you a large selection of hardware for your automation projects. These devices can be programmed with CODESYS right away.
In addition, the CODESYS Store offers ready-to-use SoftPLC systems with CODESYS Control for various standard platforms. Users can install these systems on their devices by themselves.
Thanks to the modularity and scalability of CODESYS Control, you can adapt the runtime system to almost any platform or requirement with the help of the CODESYS Runtime Toolkit. Our experienced project engineers will support you in doing this.
- Communication with the CODESYS Development System
- Download, manage, and execute the application code compiled by CODESYS
- Debugging of the application within the CODESYS development system
- Handling of I/O systems and fieldbuses
- Provision of security functions for data and know-how protection
- Execution of optional add-on products, such as CODESYS TargetVisu/WebVisu or CODESYS SoftMotion CNC+Robotics for sophisticated motion applications
- PLCHandler: Proprietary software library for communication of any software client (for example, SCADA, HMI) with the CODESYS Control runtime system. Convenient communication and command services allow for direct access to the controller.
- OPC-Server: Standardized software interface to other automation devices in the network.
- OPC UA Server: Add-on components for the runtime system for powerful device platforms for platform-independent standard access to variable data.
- Visualization and Motion:These add-on products are implemented in part as runtime system components. For more information, please refer to the respective areas, Visualization and Motion CNC Robotics.
- Redundancy: CODESYS Toolkit for implementing redundant control architectures CODESYS Toolkit for implementing redundant control architectures for the fail-safety of machines and plants. Intended for manufacturers of identical industrial controllers that operate simultaneously and monitor each other.
- Multicore: Add-on component for standard devices with Symmetric Multicore Processing (SMP) support.
- Scalable functionality: Adaptable to the performance and memory design of the target device, for different 32-bit and 64-bit CPU platforms (CISC/RISC), distribution with a system configurator
- Runtime system as a product: Proven quality, established in millions of industrial applications, implementation possible in a short time
- Documented adaptation interfaces: Adaptable and extendable to specific device properties and requirements
- Distribution as object or source code depending on the system environment: Easy adaptation to different operating systems and development environments (toolchains)
- Ready-to-use for Windows / Linux® / VxWorks®: Tests on reference platforms possible immediately, SoftPLC available for standard systems (IPCs, Raspberry PI, BeagleBone® Black, etc.) More information and downloads in the CODESYS Store
CODESYS Control is implemented on all available CODESYS controllers. Option for standard platforms: Purchase single licenses of CODESYS Control (CODESYS Control SL) in the CODESYS Store.
IEC61131-3 controllers from intelligent devices (embedded to PC based) with the adaptable runtime system CODESYS Control.
Products and services for a more efficient completion of IEC 61131-3 projects