With CODESYS multicore support for Symmetric Multiprocessing CPUs, the performance of such devices can be optimally utilized.
Advantages of CODESYS Multicore:
- Better real-time behavior of independent tasks
- Better performance of the overall system
- More possibilities for load balancing in the operating system
- Maintaining data consistency
- Longer CPU life
The application engineer decides whether the distribution of tasks should be handed over completely to the operating system or whether individual cores should be assigned specific tasks such as motion, communication or visualization. With CODESYS Multicore, the optimum distribution for each individual application can be achieved and monitored via integrated core monitoring.
As a user, e.g. in machine and plant construction
- CODESYS Multicore is available as an additional option for individual CODESYS Control SL SoftPLC systems for standard device platforms and can be licensed in the CODESYS Store, such as CODESYS Control Win SL and CODESYS Control for Linux SL. In addition, devices in the CODESYS Device Directory will step by step be equipped with CODESYS Multicore
As a manufacturer of programmable devices
- Purchase the CODESYS Runtime Toolkit, and license CODESYS Multicore for your device. Further information is available at sales @codesys.com