The webinar provides you with an overview of the comprehensive solutions CODESYS offers around OPC UA, and how you can benefit directly from them. Key topics are OPC UA Server/Client, OPC UA PubSub and user-defined information models (Companion Specifications).
03:37 Communication between PLC and visualization | OPC UA Server/Client, OPC UA Information Models, method calls, HMI
27:34 Server/client communication between controllers | OPC UA Server/Client, Data Sources Manager
36:34 Communication between arbitrary devices | Network Variables, OPC UA PubSub
OPC UA (Unified Architecture) is a new development of OPC specifications which allows not only for transportation of machine and plant data but also for a semantic description of these data in a machine-readable way. OPC UA is a platform independent standard based on TCP. The protocol stack is available for all members of the OPC Foundation. The OPC UA specification provides different profiles for the scaling of individual features.
- Implementation of the communication according to the OPC UA specification using the profile "Micro Embedded Device Server", based on the communication stack of the OPC Foundation
- Additional component to the CODESYS Control Runtime System for device manufacturers as an alternative to the CODESYS Control Runtime Toolkit. Can be implemented in all device platforms with sufficient performance and existing TCP/IP stack and real-time clock supported by CODESYS
- Already included in the CODESYS Control SoftPLC systems available in the CODESYS Store (without additional license fees)
- Provision of data about the symbol configuration in the CODESYS Development System
- Communication with any OPC UA client
- Additional component to the CODESYS Control Runtime System for device manufacturers as an option to the CODESYS Control Runtime Toolkit
- Allows for the implementation of different clients in all device platforms supported by CODESYS with sufficient performance, existing TCP/IP stack, and real-time clock
- Support of all available functions in the CODESYS OPC UA Server
- Currently realized as library function
- First release with CODESYS V3.5 SP16
- Under development:
- Integration into the CODESYS Control SoftPLC systems available in the CODESYS Store
- Integration of a convenient configuration interface for the CODESYS Development System
- CODESYS library for the data exchange between devices using standardized procedures via UDP protocol
- Usage of function blocks for sending (Publisher) and receiving (Subscriber) the data as well as for the configuration of the communication within the PLC application
- Execution of the function blocks cyclically by a PLC or background task
- Diagnostic information that can be queried during runtime in the application or via the visualization for almost all functions
- Delivered with the library: example project which facilitates the start
- Extension by future protocols possible, as well as by TSN/FLC
- Licensing per device (“SL” license)
- System requirements of the controller:
- Implemented system library for socket access to Ethernet
- Possibility to store licenses in a corresponding container (dongle or software container)
- Usage by all CODESYS SoftPLCs possible (see CODESYS Store)
Further information and purchase in the CODESYS Store.
- You are a system integrator or a user in the machine/plant construction sector or the like:
- Apply controllers which are already equipped with the CODESYS OPC UA Server.
- Purchase SoftPLC systems from the CODESYS Store which include the CODESYS OPC UA Server without additional license fees.
- If you use a controller with integrated SysSocket library and license container: Install and license CODESYS OPC UA PubSub SL for standardized data exchange.
- You are a manufacturer of programmable devices:
- Purchase the CODESYS OPC UA Server and use the CODESYS Control Runtime Toolkit to implement the additional components delivered in your device. In order to do so, integrate the source code of the OPC UA communication stack available for all members of the OPC Foundation.
- For more information or an offer please contact our sales department under sales @codesys.com.
CODESYS - One software. All applications. Your Automation Solution.
CODESYS - One software. Any field of application. Your automation platform.
Various suppliers present CODESYS-compatible devices and exciting solutions that can be useful for your automation tasks. (Only available in german language.)