With the redundancy extension for the IEC 61131-3 programming system CODESYS Development System you can develop redundant controller systems. Two independent industrial controllers simultaneously execute one and the same IEC 61131-3 application while constantly controlling and synchronizing each other. In case of a failure, the passive controller automatically turns into the active controller and operation is continued without interruption. Only the active controller communicates with the I/O system.
- Library functions for the IEC 61131-3 programming environment CODESYS Development System
- Plug-in components for the CODESYS Development System for configuring the redundancy functionality
- Additional component for CODESYS Control
- Support of I/O systems such as EtherCAT and proprietary I/O systems
- Development support for the implementation of CODESYS Redundancy
- Access to the CODESYS Control Runtime System implementation required (This means, device manufacturers can only realize CODESYS Redundancy with their own automation devices.)
- Possible fieldbuses
- EtherCAT with an integrated CODESYS EtherCAT solution
- Proprietary I/O systems via an interface for proprietary I/O drivers
- Direct connecting interfaces between the two controllers
- Tested boot-up mechanism for both controllers
- Configuration of the IP addresses and the timeouts of the controllers
- Automatic synchronization and update of the redundant controllers with implicitly called CODESYS library functions – even if one of the controllers is replaced by another controller
- Reaction to errors in the IEC 61131-3 application program
- Switch between the controllers via function calls from the IEC application or from the OEM runtime system component (for example when monitoring the temperature of a process, upon a fieldbus diagnosis errors or for manual switching via the visualization etc.)
- Recording of relevant events
- Synchronization of debugging information, like for example forced variables on both controllers
- Automatic registration of memory areas to be used by both controllers
- Private memory areas for each controller, for example for diagnosing the local bus connection
- Time synchronization of the IEC timers (TIME, TON, TOF,…)
- Rules for the implementation of redundant controller applications available
- You are a system integrator or a user in the machine/plant construction sector or the like:
All you have to do is use a controller already equipped with CODESYS Redundancy.
- You are a manufacturer of programmable devices:
Buy the CODESYS Redundancy Runtime Toolkit and implement your own redundant IEC 61131-3 controller.
- For more information or an offer please contact our sales department under sales @codesys.com.