In addition to the functionality of an IEC 61131-3 development system for programming industrial controllers, CODESYS also offers an extensive fieldbus support including everything from communication POUs to configurators and portable protocol stacks.
CODESYS provides seamlessly integrated configurators for a wide variety of fieldbus systems for configuring the process image of controllers:
For most systems (CANopen, J1939, EtherCAT, EtherNet/IP and PROFINET), portable CODESYS libraries implement the protocol stack for the fieldbus. Additionally, CODESYS offers libraries for Modbus communication (TCP or serial).
- Identical usage of the protocol stack for different fieldbus technologies
- Compiling / linking the stack dynamically to the application
- No external software tool required
- For Industrial Ethernet systems: No additional hardware required - a standard Ethernet port on the device for EtherCAT, EtherNet/IP or PROFINET is sufficient
- Seamless integration of the configurator into the CODESYS Development System
- Comprehensive integrated diagnostic functions
Integrated Commissioning and Diagnosis Functionality
Commissioning of the fieldbus system including the integrated drives (e.g. CANopen, EtherCAT) can be carried out with the Online Config Mode even without an available application. Numerous functions for communication diagnostics are available in the user interface and application, such as event loggers or diagnostic information in the device tree and in the application code.
- You are a system integrator or a user in the machine/plant construction sector or the like:
All you need is a controller already equipped with the integrated CODESYS Fieldbus support functionality.
Check the CODESYS Device Directory for the devices best suited for your specific needs.
As an alternative, you can use the CODESYS Control SoftPLC systems from the CODESYS Store. The most common fieldbuses can instantly be used without additional cost.
- You are a manufacturer of programmable devices:
Get the CODESYS Runtime Toolkit with field bus support.
- For more information or an offer please contact our sales department under sales @codesys.com.