- CANopen master/slave configurator fully integrated in the CODESYS Development System based on EDS or DCF files.
⇒ No external tool required for configuring the bus system or the I/O data used
- CANopen communication stack in the form of a CODESYS library according to CiA 301
⇒ Portable, dynamically usable protocol stack for different platforms
⇒ No static implementation of the stack on the device, memory usage for other tasks possible
⇒ Compilation of the stack into native machine code together with the application code, synchronous download to the controller
- Application interface according to CiA 405 for diagnosis and use of SDO
⇒ Extensive functionality without needing any additional software tools
- Extensive diagnostic functions
⇒ Fast and targeted troubleshooting of communication problems
The CANopen support in CODESYS is based on the standard implementation of the CAN-Interface (3S CAN driver interface). If the target device programmable with CODESYS is equipped accordingly, users can immediately use CODESYS CANopen.
- CiA 302 state machine
- Error control: heartbeat / node guarding
- Display of diagnostic data and emergency messages
- Sync producing/consuming
- Many supported PDO transfer types
- Supports several SDO channels
- Import of CANopen EDS and DCF files
- Automatic PDO mapping for modular slaves according to CiA 401 (depends on modules)
- Configurable stack behavior
- CiA405 FBs as API
- Access to CAN chip via CANLowLevel library
- Add SDOs to the configuration list
- CANopen redundancy in combination with CODESYS Redundancy Toolkit
- Based on CODESYS CANopen Master/Slave
- Platform-independent CANopen safety protocol libraries (master/slave) with integrated CANopen safety master/slave configurator
- Extends CODESYS CANopen Master/Slave with safety layer, full functionality guaranteed
- Certified according to EN 50325-5 for applications according to IEC 61508 SIL2/SIL3 or EN/ISO 13849 up to PLe
- Mixed operation CANopen / CANopen Safety possible in one network
- You are a system integrator or a user in the machine/plant construction sector or the like:
Use controllers equipped with CODESYS CANopen support.
Check the CODESYS Device Directory for the devices best suited for your specific needs. Alternatively, you can use the CODESYS Control SoftPLC Systems from the CODESYS Store. CODESYS CANopen Master / Slave is already licensed in most systems and can be used immediately if a suitable CAN interface is available.
- You are a manufacturer of programmable devices:
Implement the CANopen mini driver on your hardware and make available sufficient memory on your device (more information here). Order the CODESYS Runtime Toolkit with CANopen Master/Slave support. If necessary, also purchase the CODESYS CANopen Safety option.
- For more information or an offer please contact our sales department under sales @codesys.com.