The asynchronous serial bus system CAN (Controller Area Network) can be used for the most different applications and plays an important role in the automation market. CODESYS offers comprehensive CAN support with integrated functions and products for different layers.
- Integrated Fieldbus Configuration
⇒ The bus configuration and the assignment of variables to the I/O channels (I/O mapping) is done directly in the IEC 61131-3 tool
- Protocol stacks for CAN layer 7 communication as IEC 61131-3 libraries
⇒ Compile and transfer the protocol stack for CANopen and J1939 to the target platform together with the PLC program
- Implementation of a CAN mini driver with 29-bit identifier (“Extended frame format " or CAN 2.0B) which fits the CAN chip. Reference implementations for example for SJA and SocketCAN available.
- Use of available drivers for example for PeakCAN, SocketCAN, netX CAN, CANfox, USB-to-CAN and EL6751 EtherCAT-to-CAN-clamp
- You are a system integrator or a user in the plant construction sector or the like:
Use controllers equipped with CODESYS CAN support. Check the CODESYS Device Directory for the devices best suited for your specific needs. No additional costs involved. In addition, most SoftPLC systems available in the CODESYS Store include licensing for CAN protocols and can be used immediately with a suitable interface.
- You are a manufacturer of programmable devices:
Technical requirements: Implement the CANopen mini driver for the low level interface on your hardware and make available sufficient memory on your device. Purchase the CODESYS Runtime Toolkit with CAN support, which apart from the native CAN support also includes a fieldbus protocol.
- For more information or an offer please contact our sales department under sales @codesys.com