With its proven Runtime System with Safety extensions, CODESYS SIL2 significantly reduces the development time for Safety controllers. The applications for the functional Safety projects are developed directly in CODESYS, as the Safety software is an integral part of the IEC 61131-3 Development System .
- IEC 61508 SIL2 Runtime System based on the CODESYS Embedded Runtime System
- Certified basic functions
- Single-channel (PLd Cat.2) and multi-channel processors (e.g. LockStep technology) (PLd Cat.2/3) supported – optional
- Platform independent CANopen Safety protocol library (master/slave) with an integrated CANopen Safety master/slave configurator optionally available
- Validated compiler and code generator
- Safety programming manual
- Certification concept
Typically used in Safety related applications which require SIL2 such as mobile machines or industrial vehicles like cranes and elevating platforms for example.
- Hardware independent implementation of the Safety software
- Scalable due to the fact that code for application parts with functional Safety and without functional Safety can be mixed
- Usage of the familiar diagnostics functionality (trace, debugging, monitoring, forcing…) also in the Safety relevant parts.
- Quick time-to-market thanks to a complete test framework for a safe runtime system functionality
Ready to use platform support package (PSP) with a precertified adaptation for Hercules RM48 CPUs from Texas Instruments. The package includes the CODESYS Control Toolkit, the CODESYS Safety SIL2 Package for the CODESYS Development System as well as the fully adapted and precertified (by TÜV Süd) project files for the platform (e.g. for Code Composer Studio for TI / RM48). Above that it includes the required safety documentation and an integration test to verify that the functional safety requirements are met. When the implementation has been completed this test has to be passed for final certification.
You are a system integrator or a user in the machine/plant construction sector or the like:
Use controllers already equipped with CODESYS Safety SIL2. Check the CODESYS Device Directory for the devices best suited for your specific needs. Once you have the required hardware, there are no additional costs involved.
You are a manufacturer of programmable devices:
Implement CODESYS Safety SIL2 on your CODESYS controller and have the system certified according to SIL2. Purchase the CODESYS Safety Runtime Toolkit or the Platform Support Package „CODESYS Safety SIL2 PSP“.
For more information or an offer please contact our sales department under sales @codesys.com.