EtherCAT is a powerful real-time Ethernet fieldbus system with an open protocol. With its short cycle times, low jitter values and different network topologies, the system is standard in many industrial automation application today.
- an integrated configurator for the master and the connected slaves
- a portable protocol stack in form of a CODESYS library
- a runtime system component for direct access to the Ethernet interface
- diagnostics functionality in the Development System and possibility to monitor the process through the IEC 61131-3 application
- optional support of EtherCAT gateway modules to other fieldbus systems such as IO-Link, PROFIBUS or the like
- Distributed Clocks
- Different bus topologies
- Bus diagnostics: in the configurator and by the PLC application
- Network scan: Recogize and insert connected slaves
- EtherCAT redundancy: for systems with two physical Ethernet interfaces
- Supported layer 7 protocols: CoE (CANopen® / CAN application layer over EtherCAT) / SDO Communication, EoE (Ethernet over EtherCAT), SoE (Servodrive over EtherCAT), FSoE® (Safety over EtherCAT or FailSafe over EtherCAT), FoE (File over EtherCAT), VoE (Vendor over EtherCAT)
- Semi-automatic configuration of the master or configuration in the expert mode
⇒ comprehensive configuration options
- Configuration of the slaves with EtherCAT XML files
⇒ Flexible configuration of the process image and of the device-specific parameters
- Support of third party EtherCAT stacks
⇒ Export of EtherCAT XML files possible (ENI)
- Systems with Linux®:
Via RAW sockets: all network cards
- Systems with Microsoft Windows and CODESYS Control Win
With PCAP interface (wincap): all network cards
- Systems with Windows and CODESYS Control RTE (Real-time SoftPLC):
- Realtek® 8139 (CmpRTL81x9Mpd)
Realtek RTL8139 and compatible Ethernet-Controller, as well 8100/8110
- Realtek 8169 (CmpRTL8169Mpd)
Realtek 8169/810, RTL8111B / RTL8111D
- Intel® EtherExpressPro1000 (CmpEt1000Drv)
All gigabit adapters from Intel
- Intel EtherExpress PRO/100 (CmpEt100Drv)
All 100 Mbit adapters from Intel
- Realtek® 8139 (CmpRTL81x9Mpd)
- Other system platforms:
Adaptation of the runtime system component required
You are a system integrator or a user in the plant construction sector or the like:
Use controllers equipped with CODESYS EtherCAT support. Millions of CODESYS-compatible single devices and over 1,000 different device types from more than 500 manufacturers offer you a large range of hardware for your automation projects. CODESYS Inside offers a selection of manufacturers that offer CODESYS-compatible devices. Alternatively, you can use the CODESYS Control SoftPLC Systems from the CODESYS Store. CODESYS EtherCAT is integrated in these systems and can be used immediately.
You are a manufacturer of programmable devices:
Implement the CODESYS EtherCAT support on your hardware. All you need for this implementation is the CODESYS Runtime Toolkit with EtherCAT support.
For more information or an offer please contact our sales department under sales(at)codesys.com.
CODESYS - One software. All applications. Your Automation Solution.
CODESYS - One software. Any field of application. Your automation platform.
Various suppliers present CODESYS-compatible devices and exciting solutions that can be useful for your automation tasks. (Only available in german language.)