Create modern visualizations for machines and plants directly in the CODESYS Development System and display them with CODESYS HMI (Human-Machine Interface) for operation or diagnostics on any quantity or type of PCs. The visualization project can be independent of the logic application (IEC 61131-3 project). It can link to multiple different CODESYS-compatible controllers at the same time – in the future even to all controllers that are equipped with an OPC UA Server.
- Visualization for PC platforms, typically for Microsoft Windows Porting to Microsoft Windows CE/Embedded/Mobile or Linux possible
- Project engineering of visualizations independent of the logic application
- Display of process data of CODESYS V2.3 and CODESYS V3 controllers
- Simultaneous connection to different controllers via symbolic interface – even with individual variable mapping, if necessary
- Project engineering in the CODESYS Development System with optional simplified interface
- Support of all visualization functions of CODESYS
- Display variant for visualizations (operating interfaces) for displaying on PCs
- Available as Windows version for end users for licensing from the CODESYS Store (CODESYS HMI SL), as well as portable version for device manufacturers (CODESYS HMI)
- Visualization editor (free of charge) fully integrated in the CODESYS Development System
- Extensive options for designing visualizations, for example with many available elements, visualization styles, language switching, alarm management, recipes, and trend display
- Display of complete alarm tables and trend data from CODESYS V3 projects
- Optional: License for additional display as WebVisu in HTML5 browsers
- Data linking to any controllers via CODESYS data source objects:
- Symbolic access
- Addressed access, for example for mini PLCs without symbol configuration
- Planned: OPC UA Client
- Tool-assisted configuration of required settings for communication with the controllers
- Multi-PLC capable: Display of multiple controllers on one device
- Distributed visualization possible on multiple end devices
- Checking of the visualization application by CODESYS Compiler
- Processing of IEC 61131-3 program code possible in addition to the visualization, for example for data processing and unit conversion
- Online diagnostics for connection status
- Starting of the CODESYS HMI runtime system on the target system
- Creation of a new CODESYS HMI project from the template (CODESYS V3.5 SP10 or later)
- Selection of additional components of the HMI project, such as alarms, images, trends, and unit conversions
- Selection of the editing view "HMI perspective", customized for visualization specialists. Switching between HMI and programming view is possible at any time.
- Adding data sources to the data source manager: Selection of connection type (default setting: symbolic data access), as well as address of the displayed controller. Requirement: Displayed process data is published on the controller (by symbol configuration)
- Browsing of data prepared by the data source, selection of interesting variables. If necessary:
- Mapping of original variable names to individual name structures and conventions
- Editing of the data source configuration
- Creation of visualization objects for the operation of machines or plants, in the integrated visualization editor based on linked data
- Downloading and starting the visualization on the target device
Download and install the CODESYS Development System (CODESYS V3.5 SP10 or later) free of charge from the CODESYS Store. A demo version of CODESYS HMI SL is located in the distribution of the setup and can be tested immediately. The latest version of CODESYS HMI SL can also be downloaded separately from the CODESYS Store.
Purchase licenses for a full version of CODESYS HMI SL in the CODESYS Store and save them to the target device – if applicable, also optional licenses such as for extending the variable scope or for integrating CODESYS WebVisu for parallel display of HMI visualizations on HTML5 browsers.
Creation of professional visualization screens directly in the PLC development system – displayed on a target device, a PC or a web browser.