The CODESYS Depictor add-on allows for the depiction of three-dimensional scenes of machine or manufacturing processes directly in the CODESYS Development System. These depictions help developers and trainers understand functional dependencies directly in the CODESYS Development System. Moreover, they can be used as attractive presentation material.
- Collection/animation of scenes in machine processes
- Creation of scenes through „poses“ describing the position and orientation of the assigned 3D elements
- Pool of basic 3D elements available such as boxes, profiles, cylinders
- Import/use of complex 3D elements
- Import formats: dae (COLLADA), 3ds (3D Studio 3D Scene) and obj (Wavefront)
- Scene animation through direct use of variables of the IEC 61131-3 application
- Display in the CODESYS Development System
- Easy handling for users of automation technology without knowledge of 3D design
- Virtual function test of the real IEC 61131-3 application (contrary to 3D simulation tools no subsequent implementation of the function)
- Attractive three-dimensional depiction for presentations and meetings
- Ideal for the 3D visualization of complex CNC and robotics movements for example with CODESYS SoftMotion CNC+Robotics
The add-on tool CODESYS Depictor lets you create 3D visualizations from the IEC 61131-3 code of your project directly in the CODESYS Development System. Visualize a machine or plant process using three dimensional standard objects or the complex 3D data provided by your CAD program. 3D scenes created with the CODESYS Depictor will help you optimize plant and machine processes or conduct functional studies.
As of CODESYS V3.5 SP6, CODESYS Depictor can be seamlessly integrated in the CODESYS Development System. The integrated add-on tool can be purchased in the CODESYS Store. The free trial version allows for a display of depictor objects known as scenes.
To obtain the full version, a workstation license is necessary. Purchased licenses are saved on one USB dongle per workstation – the CODESYS Security Key. This dongle is not part of the standard scope of delivery, but can be purchased in the CODESYS Store. One CODESYS Security Key is sufficient for several thousand licences.
Creation of professional visualization screens directly in the PLC development system – displayed on a target device, a PC or a web browser.