Everything from single to multi-axis movements to CAMs can be developed together with the logic application directly in the familiar IEC 61131-3 programming environment. A motion controller with CODESYS SoftMotion implements the motion functionality in form of a tool kit integrated in the PLC Development System.
The Runtime System CODESYS Control SoftMotion has to be implemented on a motion controller in order to be able to program it with the CODESYS SoftMotion tool kit.
- has to be supported by CODESYS Control (recommended min. 32 bit with FPU).
- needs sufficient performance for the calculation of the position, velocity and acceleration data.
- needs hard real time properties with low jitter values.
When working with CODESYS SoftMotion controllers the user has many different options when it comes to implementing his motion tasks. For example, he can make use of the provided certified PLCopen motion POUs and appreciate the full functionality of the IEC 61131-3 Development System.
- Certified PLCopen POUs for single and multi-axis movements
- Certified PLCopen POUs for add-on functions like diagnostics, stop, CAM controller
- Additional POUs for different tasks like monitoring dynamic data or following error, operating CAMs and CAM controllers
- Visualization templates to quickly and easily commission the POUs from the CODESYS Visualization
- Visualization elements which make it possible to change the CAMs and the CAM controllers online
- Integrated graphical CAM editor with extensive configuration options
- Virtual and logical axes supported
- Integrated drivers for numerous CAN, CANopen and EtherCAT drives
- Configuration of the drives as standard field devices
- Example CODESYS SoftMotion projects
- CODESYS SoftMotion Low Runtime System Toolkit:
Toolkit for the implementation of CODESYS SoftMotion on small or medium-sized systems. Contains the Motion Tool Kit with PLCopen POUs for master and slave movements, CAM editor and visualization templates
- CODESYS SoftMotion Runtime System Toolkit:
Toolkit for the implementation of CODESYS SoftMotion on high-performance systems based on IPCs or the like. Contains the Motion Tool Kit with PLCopen POUs for master and slave movements, CAM editor and visualization templates
- Pick&Place Application:
Using PLCopen POUs to position (pick) and belt-synchronously place an object on a moving target, visualizing the process with the appropriate visualization templates
- Labelling / CAM Application:
CAM editor, PLCopen POUs and virtual axis used as king pin, various visualization templates, CANopen servo drives, touch probe / latching functionality
- Injection Moulding Machine:
Realized with PLCopen POUs and other SoftMotion-specific functions such as on-the-fly switching from position control to torque control.
- CMZ SD
- Festo CMMP
- Generischer CiA DS-402 (auch für 2-/3-achsige Antriebe)
- Infranor cd1-k, XtrapulsPac
- KEB F5
- KEB Stepless Technology
- Metronix ARS 2000-Serie
- Schneider Electric Lexium05, Lexium23, Lexium32, Lexium32i und SD-3
- JAT Ecovario
- Beckhoff EL2521 und EL5101
- Control Techniques Digitax, Mentor und Unidrive
- Copley Accelnet
- Festo CMMP EtherCAT
- Generischer CiA DSP402
- Infranor XtrapulsPac
- JAT Ecovario
- KEB F5, H6
- Kollmorgen AKD
- Kollmorgen AKD Servodrive
- Metronix ARS 2000-Serie
- Omron G5
- Panasonic MINAS A5B
- Parker compax3, SBC
- Sanyo Denki RS2
- Schneider Electric Lexium32
- Schneider Electric Lexium32i
- Servotronix CDHD
- Stöber Posidrive, SD6
- You are a system integrator or a user in the machine/plant construction sector or the like:
All you need is a controller already equipped with CODESYS SoftMotion.
Check the CODESYS Device Directory for the devices best suited for your specific needs.
Or simply implement your own PC-based motion controller by installing the SoftPLC CODESYS Control RTE (under Windows) or CODESYS Control (for example under Linux) on your IPC.
- You are a manufacturer of programmable devices:
Get the CODESYS Runtime Toolkit and implement your own customized motion controller with CODESYS SoftMotion. You can choose from a range of different combinations when selecting the CPU platform and the operating system for your motion control system.
- For more information or an offer please contact our sales department under sales @codesys.com.