CODESYS is a software development platform with a comprehensive IEC 61131-3 functionality for different automation tasks. By including the optional component CODESYS C-Integration, device manufacturers allow the users of their devices to reuse existing C code and to easily integrate this code in IEC 61131-3 projects.
- Additional option to the CODESYS Runtime Toolkit for device manufacturers
- Users can seamlessly integrate C source code in IEC 61131-3 projects
- Easy connection, compilation and execution of the C code along with the IEC 61131-3 application in the CODESYS project
- Remote connection of external toolchains for compiling/linking the C Code from the CODESYS Development system – device-specific connection via plug-in components
- Ideally suited for the integration of existing or generated C code
Information for device manufacturers
- Optional add-on
- Device-specific development/customization of plug-in components for external C toolchains are part of the delivery scope.
- Owners of the CODESYS Automation Platform can realize the plug-in components by themselves.
- Protective mechanisms against overloading of components by C modules
- Runs on all compatible device platforms featuring CODESYS Control as from Version 3.5 SP7
Typical use cases
- Reusage of existing C algorithms
- Integration of generated C code from tools for modeling/process optimization such as Matlab Simulink
- Connection of pre-compiled C modules in device-specific libraries
Information for users
- Easy integration, generation, storage and execution of C code in the IEC 61131-3 project
- Automatic generation of interfaces for using the C modules in the IEC 61131-3 application
- Integrierter C-Editor
- Convenient interface to external C development systems with integrated update mechanisms
- Function calls of the CODESYS Control runtime system from the C code
How can you obtain and implement the CODESYS C-Integration Toolkit?
- You are a system integrator or a user in the machine/plant construction sector or the like: Your device supplier performs the implementation for you – you don’t need the option.
- You are a manufacturer of programmable devices: Order the CODESYS C-Integration as an add-on to the CODESYS Control Runtime Toolkit specifically for your system configuration.
- For more information or an offer please contact our sales department under sales @codesys.com