The new version is ready for download at the CODESYS Store.
Vendors (device manufacturers) of CODESYS- compatible devices can find the associated release document in the CODESYS Customer Portal. The release information (content including release notes) can also be obtained from the CODESYS JIRA database.
CODESYS V3.5 SP17 will inspire you with many great innovations and improvements.
A detailed overview of all new features and improvements can be found in the features & improvements presentation.
Overview of the highlights:
- CFC Editor: Numerous minor and major improvements
- More security through signed CODESYS libraries
- Performance improvements in the CODESYS Development System when loading projects and during compilation
- Numerous usability improvements, e.g. in CODESYS UML
- Faster updates of add-ons and optimized user interface thanks to modularization of the tool
- Standardized data exchange between devices via OPC UA Pub Sub
- Standardized data exchange via OPC UA with defined information models for different tasks / industries
- Support of OPC UA methods and Alarms & Conditions
- IIoT Library Bundle now with Google Cloud IoT Core Client SL
- Linux SoftPLC systems now with redundancy function
- Comprehensive backup/restore/update mechanism for the complete runtime system incl. applications, certificates , and licenses
- CODESYS Control RTE now with multicore support
- PROFINET: IO-Link integration, performance improvements, PROFINET device configuration completely programmed within the application
- J1939: Import of DBC files for definition of CAN messages and ECUs of complete networks, as well as J1939 databases
- EtherNet/IP: Connections with up to 64 KB data and LargeForwardOpen
- Modbus Function Block library
- Numerous improvements and bug fixes for EtherCAT and CANopen
- Numerous functional and performance improvements through overlay function in CODESYS TargetVisu, e.g. inner rotation, temporal animations, arbitrary element sequence, GPU support
- CODESYS HMI SL now with OPC UA client configurator and redundancy option
CODESYS Motion CNC Robotics
- Optional extension of standard SoftPLC systems with CODESYS Motion CNC Robotics
- BufferMode for PLCopen function blocks (Part 1 Motion Control)
- Improved jogging of robotics
- Newly supported drives: Bosch Rexroth Indradrive CS, Delta Remove IO, Delta ASDA A3/B3, Beckhoff EL7041/7047